Book Review: Twisted

Twisted by Hannah Jayne

Goodreads Summary:
When her father is accused of being a serial killer, Bex becomes the ultimate bait in this game of cat and mouse

Bex is ready to start a new life in foster care. There, she won't be known as a serial killer's daughter. Though her father was never tried for the murders attributed to "The Wife Collector," he disappeared after questioning. And Bex struggles with the guilt that she provided the circumstantial evidence that convicted him in the public's perception—and drove him to abandon her.

But when a body turns up in her new hometown, all signs point to the Wife Collector. Bex's old life isn't ready to let her go. The police want to use Bex to lure in her father. But is she baiting a serial killer or endangering an innocent man?

My Review:
3/5 stars
Twisted was a very quick and easy read for me, I started and finished it in just a few hours. It was entertaining and at sometimes creepily realistic, so I guess I would say it was a successful book. But it felt rushed and jumbled at several instances. Especially the ending it seemed as if it was thrown together without hardly any explanation. I have so many questions left unanswered or that seemed to have just been skipped over during the bulk of the novel.

I had heard good things about Jayne’s work, and I will probably try another one of her books. But as for this one I can’t say I was very impressed.

Comments

  1. That's an interesting premise! It's too bad it wasn't as well done as it could have been.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday (8)

Top Ten Tuesday (4)

Can't Wait Wednesday