Book Review: Two By Two

Two By Two By Nicholas Sparks:

Goodreads Summary:
At 32, Russell Green has it all: a stunning wife, a lovable six year-old daughter, a successful career as an advertising executive and an expansive home in Charlotte. He is living the dream, and his marriage to the bewitching Vivian is the center of that. But underneath the shiny surface of this perfect existence, fault lines are beginning to appear...and no one is more surprised than Russ when he finds every aspect of the life he took for granted turned upside down. In a matter of months, Russ finds himself without a job or wife, caring for his young daughter while struggling to adapt to a new and baffling reality. Throwing himself into the wilderness of single parenting, Russ embarks on a journey at once terrifying and rewarding—one that will test his abilities and his emotional resources beyond anything he ever imagined.

My Review:
2/5 stars
I'm so disappointed!! I have always been a fan of Nicholas Sparks books, but this one did not measure up. 
I found myself bored for the first half as well as irritated at almost every character. This is not a book for those who give up if not initially intrigued. It was almost 500 pages, and I honestly didn't feel invested in the story till about page 300.  Don't get me wrong by the end I found myself in tears per typical Nicholas Sparks fashion. There was time jumps at the beginning of every chapter, so I had to constantly remind myself which section I was in. 
Regardless, I will for sure be there opening night if this Spark's novel is made into a movie. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday (8)

Top Ten Tuesday (4)

Can't Wait Wednesday