Hatchards

Complete silence except for the creaking of the ground beneath our feet. We had stumbled upon the oldest bookstore in London, Hatchards, located in the heart of Piccadilly Circus. It first opened its doors in 1797, and by the looks of it they haven't slowed down since then. There is a grand staircase situated in the middle of the store that can take you to any of the five stories. Each floor contains different genres, but all impressive in their own right. They have generous section of first edition books, as well as an abundance of signed copies. I officially found my haven here in London. It was hard to resist buying almost every book I picked up, but I had to reason with myself about the suitcase room on the return home. This is a must see for all you book lovers making a trip to London!! 

Books I did buy here:
The ABC Murders by Agatha Christie
London Rain by Nicola Upson



What is the coolest bookstore you have been to? I'm making a bookstore bucket list!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday (8)

Top Ten Tuesday (4)

Can't Wait Wednesday