Book Review: Lucky in Love

Lucky in Love by Kasie West

Goodreads Summary:
Can’t buy me love…

Maddie’s not impulsive. She’s all about hard work and planning ahead. But one night, on a whim, she buys a lottery ticket. And then, to her astonishment—

She wins!

In a flash, Maddie’s life is unrecognizable. No more stressing about college scholarships. Suddenly, she’s talking about renting a yacht. And being in the spotlight at school is fun…until rumors start flying, and random people ask her for loans. Now Maddie isn’t sure who she can trust.

Except for Seth Nguyen, her funny, charming coworker at the local zoo. Seth doesn’t seem aware of Maddie’s big news. And, for some reason, she doesn’t want to tell him. But what will happen if he learns her secret?


My Review:
4.5/5 stars
I'm embarrassed to say how long it took me to get around to this one. It's been almost a year since I purchased it, so there is no excuse for not picking it up. This is the second book I've read of Kasie West's and since P.S. I Like You I'm hooked! I wish I would have picked this one up sooner, because it did not disappoint!
Maddie, a studious senior trying to be accepted to her dream college, wins the lottery and her life seemed to change overnight. As everyone starts to learn about her big winnings she instantly becomes popular and is being pulled to invest and spend her money in several different directions. 
Seth and Maddie work together at the Zoo and he's grounding has prevented him from hearing about Maddie's new found riches. It seems to be the only place Maddie can escape from the craziness that has become her life. But how long will it last is the question I was constantly asking myself? 
Lucky in Love had everything you want in a young adult romance. So until I win the lottery and find the man of my dream I'm just going to keep looking for those pennies on the sidewalk. ;) 

Comments

  1. I read an ARC for this one, and LOVED it. It's pure sunshine, as all of Kasie West's have been! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday (8)

Top Ten Tuesday (4)

Can't Wait Wednesday